anybody heard of winter warmth natures heat pellets???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chipsaway

Jan 11, 2010
western pa
was at the local home depot and they had winter warmth natures heat pellets has anybody heard of and used these and what do u think?

If they have the Winter Warmth Pellets, buy them, they're really good pellets. This year those are being made for HD by Hamer Pellet Fuel Co. out of W. Virgina. Hamer makes Hamers Hot Ones Pellets that are well known to burn hot and clean. I bought 1.2 tons of the Winter Warmth this year and they're doing a great job and keeping my house HOT!
You won't regret buying those pellets!

I picked some up. I find that there are lots of fines in the bag. Te heat is good and the ash is low but here is the thing. I have a Harmon and do not seem to have problems with clinkers. The ash produced forms a crust and eventually (after about 12 hours) a crust forms of ash. It is easy to berak up and remove or you just break it up and let the natural feed of pellets move it but the crust is all the way across the pot and down to the bottom. If you let it go you get a layer that new pellets are buring on top of.

My solution has been to mix with my normal brand Green team 50/50 and the green team although more ash doesn't seem to allow the crust to form everything stays nice and loose.

Again good heat but more maintanence, green team I scrape out once a day and it is just out of habit not necessity.

Seems to burn fine for me with lower ash and less window sooting compared to the Stove Chow and Freedom Fuel in my Englander 25-PDVC. Can't compare yet to the Greene Team as I was one of the unlucky ones to buy a bad batch of their "long" pellets.

Status
Not open for further replies.