Anyone have suggestion on how I can put to rest my MT. Vernon AE?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LMPS I'm glad to hear your stove is still working that's great!
Am sure that most of us here have overlooked similar
things with our stoves before. Enjoy!

Now you can use the fertilizer for your garden.

Hi my name is Salty and I like pellets

Just shoot the thing :cheese:

Hey, at least you admitted to that instead of just letting this post just fade away. Thanks ... Learn from it and go on....

As some around here keep telling folks.

A clean stove is a happy, safe, and warm stove ;-).

(Sometimes it isn't the ash that is gumming up the works.)

SmokeyTheBear said:
As some around here keep telling folks.

A clean stove is a happy, safe, and warm stove ;-).

(Sometimes it isn't the ash that is gumming up the works.)

True! E=MT Experience equals mistakes made thru time...And we all here benefit from reading from others' mistakes and experiences.

HO.....I like that and will be stealing it. Yes...hopefully some will or have learned from my mistake.

My dealer once told me,to run my stove out every once and a while and vaccuum out the fines in the hopper.

I guess thats one benny of using a pellet with virtually no fines.

Although I should probly take a look someday.

LMPS said:
I come before thee to confess my sins of unjustly accusing my stove of errors and wanting to do undo harm to it. I am ready to accept my full punishment and ask to be absolved of my sins. It turns out the stove does not like it when one lets the pellets run out and sawdust is built up on the auger and it’s action to tell you that you are an idiot is to give you false error messages and then laugh when you put up stupid posts on Hearth.com. Well, her and I have had a long talk and come to the understanding that me being stupid is a something I cannot change (sorry Hoss means more spelling errors we can not all be as smart as you) but she has agreed to except me for who I am. Now will the rest of you??

Glad it's all better, now

LMPS said:
I like it, think I would haul to an open field first......I mentioned wanting a Harmon today to my dealer and they said they have their problems too....is there a stove out there does not have some issues....

Old school wood. It never faults and if the power goes out, well, the power goes out. Not the stove.

Tanhks Hoss....oh I mean Tnaks Hoss....ok I am Thanks Hoss

rkshed said:
LMPS said:
I like it, think I would haul to an open field first......I mentioned wanting a Harmon today to my dealer and they said they have their problems too....is there a stove out there does not have some issues....

Old school wood. It never faults and if the power goes out, well, the power goes out. Not the stove.

Even that suffers from malfunctions, namely operator misfiring or not firing at all.

;-)

hooter04 said:
My dealer once told me,to run my stove out every once and a while and vaccuum out the fines in the hopper.

It's also in your owners manual, but who reads manuals.

One of these days I'm gonna set up a audiable alarm for mine. I'll use a lazer to sense the hopper level and a nice annoying buzzer(full detail of design withheld due to patent pending and no I aint gonna share it! Its mine I say all mine!!!!).

j-takeman said:
I'll use a lazer to sense the hopper level and a nice annoying buzzer(full detail of design withheld due to patent pending and no I aint gonna share it! Its mine I say all mine!!!!).

Your wifes voice, yelling???

smoke show said:
j-takeman said:
I'll use a lazer to sense the hopper level and a nice annoying buzzer(full detail of design withheld due to patent pending and no I aint gonna share it! Its mine I say all mine!!!!).

Your wifes voice, yelling???

Better than her swinging the frying pan! :red:

Oldmountvernon- not sure if that was a personal dig or a joke....but I am kind of taking it personally....I made a mistake I owned up to it, hoping others would learn...now time to move on.....as H20 said E=MM.

OMG.....I am so sorry.....Been a long day....a little thin skinned....I apologize.
I had been out having a little evening the night I did it....so tell you the truth not even sure I checked before going to bed....

Ok update and request for help.

Today, I cleaned my stove, when I restarted it, the error came up again min fireport temp and bad tc firepot.
So, I cleaned the hopper out again and got all the fines out again. Stove started.
It ran all afternoon.

The around 6:30pm it shuts down again and the error min firepot temp came up again. I pushed retry and it started up.
It ran for about an hour and half, shut down again same error min firepot temp. Same thing pushed retry and it started up again.
It has been running since.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Pm me your email addy and I'll send you a troubleshooting manual.

Well, believe I did, I took out all the pellets from the hopper and then put the vac down in were the auger is and sucked out all the fines.
There was nothing left in any place I could reach my hand into from the hopper.

Ok thanks, appreciate the help...

Well I may have confessed my sins too early....it still felt good but I am now thinking letting it run out of pellets and the fines were not the issue.
Had the tech here today as the stove went out again last night at 2:30am. He found some chaffing of the wires for the TC Firepot so he changed that out, the new one has the improved covering over the wire so hopefully that will help. Strange thing is that the stove was just giving the error ever so often, then I would get to restart and it would run fine for awhile then give me the error again. All I can think of is that there must have been a short were the chaffing was then when it touched metal it caused it not to work, just a guess. Anyways, hopefully that solves the problem, although I am not sure because when the tech went to start the stove when he was done making the change it went right into shut down and did not start....so I am thinking there is still something else going on....we will see.
Also, just a heads up, last time the tech was out he upgraded the fuel tables for me and when he came today, they were not there. I had not changed a thing on the settings since he had updated them the last time so he is not sure why they are not staying loaded.

LMPS said:
Well I may have confessed my sins too early....it still felt good but I am now thinking letting it run out of pellets and the fines were not the issue.
Had the tech here today as the stove went out again last night at 2:30am. He found some chaffing of the wires for the TC Firepot so he changed that out, the new one has the improved covering over the wire so hopefully that will help. Strange thing is that the stove was just giving the error ever so often, then I would get to restart and it would run fine for awhile then give me the error again. All I can think of is that there must have been a short were the chaffing was then when it touched metal it caused it not to work, just a guess. Anyways, hopefully that solves the problem, although I am not sure because when the tech went to start the stove when he was done making the change it went right into shut down and did not start....so I am thinking there is still something else going on....we will see.
Also, just a heads up, last time the tech was out he upgraded the fuel tables for me and when he came today, they were not there. I had not changed a thing on the settings since he had updated them the last time so he is not sure why they are not staying loaded.

If you change the altitude setting the table update gets tossed out with the bath water.

Status
Not open for further replies.