Anyone know ANYTHING about a REGENCY R16 insert?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jusgettingbuy

Hearth Supporter
Dec 9, 2007
Maryland
My friend has a wood stove insert he is not using, it came with his house when he moved in. They switched to gas logs so they want to sell the insert. I want to buy a nice used insert for my sister's new house. The model they are selling is a Regency R16. He said is has a blower. Does ANYONE know ANYTHING about this stove? Estimate it to be approx 12 years old but little use. Any idea as to the worth, efficiency, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

That model doesn't ring a bell yet. Can you post a picture of the stove?

The R16 is a pre-1993 Regency wood insert. Depending on when it was manufactured (after 1988-89) it would be EPA phase II. It is an earlier version of the I3100 large insert. Not sure of the exact efficiency ratings but being a phase II stove it should be decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.