Anyone know how to remove.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Egads . . . I sure hope it's not toxic since I teach fire extinguisher classes and have ended up with this stuff on my uniform and inhaling who knows how much of the stuff over the years.

Unfortunately, I'm not at work so I cannot consult my "Fire Bible" -- two volumes that are the final word on all things related to fire and fire science. If I'm reminded tomorrow and have some time I can look up the info on the toxicity . . . I do know however from memory that the ammonium phosphate is slightly corrosive . . . emphasis on slightly . . . we're not talking battery acid or Alien blood corrosive here.

I think I might try some good hot fires . . . razor . . . maybe even a Magic Eraser to see if that might help.
!
I am not concerned about toxicity. As for the good hot fire option, well, no luck there. I have not let the fire go out even right after the incident. I am going try soaking the glass during the warm up this week. We shall see what happens.

Reactions: raybonz
!
I am not concerned about toxicity. As for the good hot fire option, well, no luck there. I have not let the fire go out even right after the incident. I am going try soaking the glass during the warm up this week. We shall see what happens.
Have you tried to contacting the fire extinguisher company and ask them what you should do?

Ray

I'm late to the game, did someone (RAY!) really post a link to an ehow instructional? For future reference that place is complete garbage.

I once looked up a "how to build X" and got:
Step one: Measure a lot to be exact
Step two: Cut the lumber to specifications
Step three: Assemble the lumber using screws and or nails.
Step four: paint with a latex paint.

No joke. that's about how useful I find most of their stuff to be.

Anyhoo, I'd be grabbing a razor in some vice grips (wear some gloves if it's hot) and then scraping away. good luck.

I'm late to the game, did someone (RAY!) really post a link to an ehow instructional? For future reference that place is complete garbage.

I once looked up a "how to build X" and got:
Step one: Measure a lot to be exact
Step two: Cut the lumber to specifications
Step three: Assemble the lumber using screws and or nails.
Step four: paint with a latex paint.

No joke. that's about how useful I find most of their stuff to be.

Anyhoo, I'd be grabbing a razor in some vice grips (wear some gloves if it's hot) and then scraping away. good luck.
Yes?? LOL yes I did post that however I didn't really read it.. I would contact the fire extinguisher company as they would probably give the best advice otherwise I'd use a putty knife to get the heavy stuff off.. I apologize Dan and remkel don't want to give bad advice :(

Ray

Reactions: remkel and Danno77
Yes?? LOL yes I did post that however I didn't really read it.. I would contact the fire extinguisher company as they would probably give the best advice otherwise I'd use a putty knife to get the heavy stuff off.. I apologize Dan and remkel don't want to give bad advice :(

Ray

No need to apologize. Heck, that is further than I got with it. I am thinking a hammer and chisel might.....oh, wait......

Reactions: raybonz
Status
Not open for further replies.