Anyone know if i can burn these?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rule69

Nov 17, 2015
Detroit, Mi
I can get these for free from my job as we throw them and some smaller ones out.

uploadfromtaptalk1450705807374.jpg

Some look like compressed sawdust and others look like fine chips

Thanks

I wouldn't burn them; Good chance that they have some type of glue in them that may give off toxic compounds if burned.

You're aware of the whole glue issue right?
Im not as leery as some people about inhaling chemicals and toxins given off in vapor so I say go for it!!
I mean...its not rubber.

You're aware of the whole glue issue right?
Im not as leery as some people about inhaling chemicals and toxins given off in vapor so I say go for it!!
I mean...its not rubber.
Im detecting sarcasm there right....... lol

Yes i know a d we sit on it lol no more real wood products just press board

I can get about 200 of the 4" ones a week and about 500 of the 2" ones every week thats why I asked. It will be mostly used in my smoke dragon/barrel stove in the shed thats why i asked.

Yeah, what's a few carcinogens more or less, as long as you're getting a buzz? ;lol

Probably the same ingredients as OSB board. If you are OK with burning OSB board then why not........LOL. By the way, as a firefighter, we routinely burn these in the flashover simulator. There is a 17 page document warning about the hazards associated with the burning of such things. Oh, by the way, Cal-OSHA has determined there are carcinogens in them. But, we are not in Calif......:cool:

I'm in Detroit lol probably more pollution on one car here the theses lol

Go look it up! Find out the manufacturer and part number and give them a ring to see what their stuff is made of. Or look up the MSDS.

Looks like a donut . . . put some glaze on 'em and to heck with burning 'em . . . I would try eating them.

I'd want to know if they use formaldehyde resin as a binder. If so they probably should be incinerated not burned and probably not collected and concentrate the off-gasses in a tight room.

DON'T DO IT, beside what everyone else said they STINK real bad when burned. Don't ask how I know:)

The shape of those pucks reminds me of the extra thick wax toilet seals (just reno'd my bathroom).

Not sure how the neighbors would react to a stove load of OSB pucks firing up...?

If they're not high fiber bagels what are they?

Just curious

They look like plugs that go in the core of giant rolls of paper used in printing. When I ran web presses we had more of these than we knew what to do with, but I never burned them.

I work at a paper plate /bag/cup factory. That's why I'm asking

well if the prevailing winds are blowing towards a certain section of the motor city - burn away;)

Status
Not open for further replies.