Anyone know where I can find just the motor for my blower? (Englander 25-PDV)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cbuchanan87

Dec 16, 2009
tip o' the mitt
I'm brand spankin' new to the pellet stove world and even newer to this forum, so plese go easy on me guys. This is probably a noob question, but here goes.

I have an Englander 25-PDV and one of my convection blower motors has begun to rattle. I found the replacement blower, but it will cost about $150 after shipping. I was looking at it and maybe I can just replace the motor part.

1. where can I find a comprable motor?
2. What consideratios do I need to be sure of? (direction of turn, rpm, type of shaft, etc...)
3. in anyone's experience is it worth it to just replace the motor, or should I just bite the bullet and get the actual part from the manufacturer?

also, there is an intermittant "huming" sound when the auger is running. Not as annoying as the blowere rattle, but I notice it none the less. Is there anything I can do to cut down on the vibrations of the auger moter?

Thanks in advance guys!

Just as a thought... can you pull out the motor and check and see if it has a tag for specs on it? Otherwise ask the tech people at Englander... from what I'm hearing they are really helpful and probably would just sell the motor if you are really sure that's the only problem.
Also, how loud a hum on the auger and such are you talking? I hear my stove all the time, but don't figure that's abnormal. In fact I listen for it if I wake in the middle of the night to make sure it's still on...

you could pull the motor and go to a heating and cooling shop to see if they have the motor if not i would go to englander to get it they are good i have a 25-pdv. i have the augers move the pelltes but not real hum. good luck

Pull the motor assembly ,clean it and check it to be sure the impeller is reasonably balanced and is not the culprit. A new generic motor itself should not exceed $55 purchased at any motor repair shop or thru Graingers catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.