Anyone looking to downsize their pellet furnace?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbulator

Dec 2, 2011
Western PA
I think my SCF-050 might be a little small for my sq. footage.....but it was reasonably priced so I gave it a shot.... I am at about 2300sq ft with some duct work that is more to be desired... I don't think I am getting the BTU's I need...

I cleaned it out and it is running spectacular... Outside temp's above 40deg F and I have to open windows in the house....but it got down to 25 last night and I started to see it not be able to hold temp on Heat Level 3.... I am afraid that when it gets into the teens, I am going to be running my heat pump...

SOOO - checking (yea, long shot I know) if anyone has a >1800 sq ft house with a furnace that's just oversized - looking to trade for this unit???

Long shot, I know..... I just need to make it through this year - then moving to a large farm house and installing my new Tarm!! :)

Are you willing to sell it and look on Craiglist locally or at Stove shops for a used unit. I know a shop that has a used Fahrenheit, its only 50,000 BTU's (Or so it says, seems to eat WAY more than 50,000, which can be a good thing) and yours is 50,000. So it may be a wash, but they say the Fahrenheit is pretty efficient. I am at 2,200 and on level 2 last night it kept the house at 72-73. Very straight duct runs though. And only using half of the existing HVAC.

The Harman PF-100 or the Revolution may be viable options. Although the Harman is the Big boy in the Room.

Wish you luck. There is a For Sale section here. I bought my Woodstove off of there this past Spring. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.