Anyone with a Piazzetta Sabrina ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
post-88-0-94966300-1422659952.jpg

This is how things are looking after just 9 hours of operation.

The pipe appears to be tilted, but two far as I can tell its level.
These are the figures I got during the read-out. However, some figures seem to be missing ?

1830 - Smoke Fan rpm
193F - Smoke Probe
3.3 - auger loading
That's for P1. The scrolling will disappear after a few minutes. If you want to clear it quickly, just hit button 4. If you want to see the settings for the other Power levels, you need to change the power level. Then do as before and you can read out the fan rpm and augur feed rate. Of course the temp levels take time to adjust so those likely won't be correct.

What would you recommend setting my stove to ?
I'd like to see all of your settings first, but when the tech adjusted your stove, did he connect a manometer or magnahelic to the back, or did he just do it by eye?

post-88-0-94966300-1422659952.jpg

This is how things are looking after just 9 hours of operation.
What power setting is that? P4 or P5? Can you see the igniter hole after 9 hours? That sooty glass and big flame indicate a poor burn, and too many pellets for the air. Too rich.

And, so when he got it adjusted, how did the flame look? Because presumably, he was satisfied with its appearance. Did it look better, or did it look like the picture?

If you don't want to do it, which it sounds like you don't, you should call the dealer and make sure he sends a tech who can adjust your settings using a manometer or magnahelic. He can't recommend cleaning the grate every 12 hrs or returning the stove before he's done the basics of a proper installation. I gave you a link to the installation manual, and the tech should have one as well. It's clear in the install manual that he should be using a manometer or magnahelic to set the proper combustion. It's just like you said in your first post, you've bought a Ferrari that hasn't been tuned properly.

Reactions: Pascal_Maertens
If you don't want to do it, which it sounds like you don't, you should call the dealer and make sure he sends a tech who can adjust your settings using a manometer or magnahelic. He can't recommend cleaning the grate every 12 hrs or returning the stove before he's done the basics of a proper installation. I gave you a link to the installation manual, and the tech should have one as well. It's clear in the install manual that he should be using a manometer or magnahelic to set the proper combustion. It's just like you said in your first post, you've bought a Ferrari that hasn't been tuned properly.
Can I adjust it manually myself at this point ?

Can I adjust it manually myself at this point ?
Of course, that's your choice. But, it's likely that the dealer technician already has a manometer or magnahelic and can do it far quicker.

Though I have to say given that he hasn't used it yet, I'm wondering...

You can do like the tech and adjust it by eye, lots of people do; or, you can buy yourself a manometer, about $60 or magnahelic and read the install manual I gave you and do it yourself..

Of course, that's your choice. But, it's likely that the dealer technician already has a manometer or magnahelic and can do it far quicker.

Though I have to say given that he hasn't used it yet, I'm wondering...

You can do like the tech and adjust it by eye, lots of people do; or, you can buy yourself a manometer, about $60 or magnahelic and read the install manual I gave you and do it yourself..

Based on the steps you gave me, these are the readings I got:

P1 1820
P2 1820
P3 1820
P4 1830
P5 1830

The likelihood of me getting the tech from the stove shop out here any time soon is slim to none. If you can guide me, I'm willing to try changing them on my own.

Based on the steps you gave me, these are the readings I got:

P1 1820
P2 1820
P3 1820
P4 1830
P5 1830

The likelihood of me getting the tech from the stove shop out here any time soon is slim to none. If you can guide me, I'm willing to try changing them on my own.
It's likely that while you may have changed the Power settings, the stove was in "OK" mode meaning that the thermostat had defaulted to P1, so the combustion fan did not change. You need to set the thermostat higher, then everything will change.

Okay, if you're willing to try, and it's pretty harmless to try, first, I'd read the install manual I gave you a link to.

The important pages start on Page 14. The part about how to use the manometer is on Page 18. The table with all the settings you can change are on P21 for the Sabrina and P22 for the Monia. And, the key parameters you want to try are #18 thru 22, those are the combustion fan speeds for P1 to P5.

It's likely that while you may have changed the Power settings, the stove was in "OK" mode meaning that the thermostat had defaulted to P1, so the combustion fan did not change. You need to set the thermostat higher, then everything will change.
I'm not sure I follow you. You want me to increase the temperature each time I check the fan speed ?

I'm not sure I follow you. You want me to increase the temperature each time I check the fan speed ?
The readings above all indicate P1. That happens when the stove reaches the temp target. It defaults to P1. So, in order not to keep reading the settings for P1, you need to up the thermostat.

The readings above all indicate P1. That happens when the stove reaches the temp target. It defaults to P1. So, in order not to keep reading the settings for P1, you need to up the thermostat.
Ok. I just cleaned out the stove and restarted it.

Once it gets up to temperature I'll recheck the settings.

Way to go chken ... That stove set up needs some help!

North, who was the dealer? Can't remember if I read if they did the install...??

Ok. So, I rechecked the settings, each time upping the temperature.

These are the figures I got:

p1 2250
p2 1950
p3 2110
p4 2270
p5 2470

Ok. So, I rechecked the settings, each time upping the temperature.

These are the figures I got:

p1 2250
p2 1950
p3 2110
p4 2270
p5 2470
Did you get the augur feed rate settings as well?

I'm going to assume that the P1 setting is 1730, not 2250.

Status
Not open for further replies.