are wood inserts interchangeable ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jacox2007

Jan 8, 2015
ohio
Thanks in advance for the help! We recently bought a new house with a heatilator fireplace insert in it and I can't seem to get much heat out of it . . Old house had a buckstove that was great for us so I'm looking at inserts . . My question is how interchangeable are inserts ? With a masonry finish I am hoping it would not be too hard ! Any input is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 1420760420321.jpg
    1420760420321.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 111
Welcome. Zero Clearance fireplaces normally are very interchangeable. They often have different chimney piping, ducting requirements, clearances, and dimensions.

Do you know the model number of your Heatilator? If it is a newer model you may be able to put in an insert into it.

That is not an insert it is a zero clearance fireplace

Status
Not open for further replies.