Are you gonna plug off the chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that mod would just close off the primary air with the secondaries still wide open?

The Lopi draws both supplies from the same manifold below the insert. Removing the factory stop bolts allows the slider air control to fully close over both holes. The slider is spring loaded against the stove, so it seals very well. I put in a lower stop for normal use, so I know where the factory stop is, but to override that I just need to lift the knob slightly to raise the slider over the stop.

Pictures say a thousand words: https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/lopi-freedom-air-modification.107105/

TE

I have this problem. I get flue smells in my basement in the summer. I was also going to try and block the flue after the burning season. It's really only an issue with the smell for me. The brush doesn't get everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.