Arrow Identification, and Problem ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TDISD

Dec 1, 2014
South Dakota
20141201_201317.jpg 20141118_153540.jpg 20141201_201305.jpg

I put in this arrow insert about a week ago. First burn went very well other than the fact that I couldn't turn the stove down low enough to choke the fire out, and even on low the wood would only last about 3 hours or so. I did some investigating and found that I had a small gap between the door glass, and the door. So of course I sealed it. Started the stove up this afternoon, and I am having a very hard time keeping the stove going. I have to leave the air control on high and it does not seem to want to burn correctly (or how I would expect it to anyway) I think that I have read somewhere that some pellet stove company's left a small gap in the door glass as a air wash, but I didn't think that a wood stove would have that same concept. Any thoughts???

also I will attach some pictures if anyone wants to take a stab at a model?

Several of the stove makers in the 80's left a gap at the top of the glass to attempt an airwash to keep the glass clean. And it is part of the primary air for the fire.

Several of the stove makers in the 80's left a gap at the top of the glass to attempt an airwash to keep the glass clean. And it is part of the primary air for the fire.

Help Please!
I have one like the one on the left. I am having problems with the draft [?] too. Can someone please send me a schemeatic of this beast.? I will gladly pay for the copy as the company who sold and installed the stove just laugh at me and
I , at 75, don`t want to go to the hoosegow for slapping some civility and common courtesy into this body piercing punk. All help happliy accepted.
Aloha, Mark
[email protected]

Thanks brotherbart; That is what I was afraid of. I will tear it down again on my next day off, and clean the gap back out. I just don't understand why they would do such a thing, when it makes part of the draft uncontrollable. But these stoves put out some heat and I wont complain :)

I did some looking around. That appears to be an older model made by Shamic Sheetmetal in Australia. Contact them and see if they have a manual for the insert.

http://www.shamicheating.com/arrow/

Status
Not open for further replies.