Athen pelletts part 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
I strain the Athen pellets in my garage then put them in a galvanized pail i painted flat black & set it next to my stove. I backs my car out to go vote & step out to go get something from the house . Something is standing out from my pick -up which was parked outside. Sure enuff, i see that the car is totally covered in dust as in pellet dust. Those pellets are soooo bad . Shaking my exhaust pipe as i was walking by resulted in a lot of soot coming out :down: I have concluded that like everything else in life there is trade-offs . Just the fact that our great site is loaded with us pellet pigs needing help or advice on our stoves confirms that. If i was to start over , i would still get a pellet stove . I just have to accept the things i can't change about using the stove & biting the bullet on my 5 tons of Athens :coolsmirk: Muss Ps. I'm gonna be wearing a mask to strain the pellets from now on :coolsmirk:

Man - sorry to hear that. I tried to sift those Maine Woods but all they did was break up even more.

See if it's possible to return them or sell them somehow. I returned mine and a guy that burn a BIG E loves them and wanted more, I believe my dealer sold some of them to him.

Lignetics are burning really good in the Lyden and I'm amazed at how little fines there are in the bags.

Did you get a new gasket for the exhaust blower?

Hey Muss. What were you saying about the air intake on the Athens pellets? I think you said you pull it out (give it more air). Is this true. I burning some now (can't waite til their done) and I'm having trouble keeping the stove going. Any suggestions? I sent you a PM but you didn't respond.

We have tried every possible air configuration possible. Fact is they are junk and full of bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.