Attack Gassifer question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AngeP

Aug 17, 2022
New Zealand
Hi ...I am having some issues with my Attack boiler DP Profi. The fire is just smouldering, yes the wood is dry etc. I am doing a factory reset but can anyone help me with this question...

The air flap at the back of the boiler which has the chain attached has a regulator knob at the top. It has TWO rows of numbers indicating temperatures. One row is upside down. Can you explain to me where the numbers should be positioned i.e. top row vs bottom row, front or back...I'm assuming the little notched indicators mean the upside down numbers go to the front and vice versa. (Photo shows view from the back, setting at 80 degrees)
Thanks for any confirmation etc

20220817_183750.jpg

I have Attack DPX 45 with the lambda control so I don't have that adjustment on mine.
Are you having this issue on a completely cold start up ? I've experienced this on a completely cold start where all the storage water was basically room temp ( I have 1000 gallons). I found it helped in this situation to make sure there is charcoal over the nozzle and then load lots of kindling and smaller splits than normal until you get some heat in the boiler and then it will finally gasify. The issue never came up again for the rest of the heating season since there always some heat in storage.

Thanks so much. Yes this actually makes sense to me, and yes it seems it is at the start up stage from cold. When you say the nozzle what do you mean please? The gap in the top chamber that pulls the flame through? Or....? Much appreciated, Ange

Thanks so much. Yes this actually makes sense to me, and yes it seems it is at the start up stage from cold. When you say the nozzle what do you mean please? The gap in the top chamber that pulls the flame through? Or....? Much appreciated, Ange
Correct, the rectanular opening in the ceramic that the flame and smoke are pulled through.