attic cat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno - sounds a bit 'gimmickey" to me. I blew in some cellulose a couple months ago. Started out packed pretty tight in the bags, but after getting chopped up in the hopper, run through the blower and through 100' of hose, it was fluffed up with millions of tiny air pockets, too. The clean feeding / low dust would be nice, though I was in the attic blowing and the wife was in the garage stuffing the hopper - we both looked like giant fuzzy polar bears afterward. I was amazed at how much crap our respirators caught, too. It might be worth it for the dust reduction alone.

Sounds gimmickey to me too. Like another way to sell you more of their Pink Panther fiberglass. How much does it cost compared to cellulose? I bet makes better sense in the end to stick with cellulose. The thing that made me a believer was when I found out how much heat value the pink stuff loses when the wind blows.

Just what I need. For those itchy, scratchy fibers to be chopped up smaller for when I have to climb up there to do other work.

Status
Not open for further replies.