ATTN: all western ny people, check this out.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to call me at noon on friday so i will have more info then. he is at his camp in cuba ny and cell phone does not work very well.

Might be the best deal of the year, but remember what happened to people last year who pre-paid for pellets.

Like what my father always told me, "if it seems too good to be true....." you know the rest. Be careful.

Okay here is the scoop so far. It is a small mom and pop type pellet mill located in silvercreek Ny. They make pellets that are 80% hardwood 20% softwood they are low ash and high heat. This guy Steve was at his cabin not 8 miles from me so he is dropping off some sample pellets on sat morning so i can see and try them. He is delivering them at no charge providing that you order more than 3 tons (good deal). He told me his mom and dad own the mill and run it and he sells the pellets. He also said they are a small operation with feew employees and make only 2 tons an hour so overhead is low. They have been making pellets for 2 + years now and while i have not tried them i will give them a try and let everyone know what i think of them. I am all for a small mom and pop operation lord knows we need moreof these type of places to suceed. I will let you all know on monday what the results were. He delivers with a trailor that holds 10 tons so you have to unload yourself (friends, family) along with his help. who knows... we shall see.

Jim

Well this guy has yet to bring me a sample bag to try. He keeps calling and saying he is coming but has to date not showed up. Just goes to show you people are worthless most times.

And now his posting on Craigslist has been "deleted by author"

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...

Ladderlieu said:
And now his posting on Craigslist has been "deleted by author"

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is...
Actually he ahs a new one with a selling price of 220 a ton not the 200 he told me. Go figure.

woodsman23 said:
Actually he ahs a new one with a selling price of 220 a ton not the 200 he told me. Go figure.

He probably used the $200 price as a "fishing lure", got swamped by responses, and figured he was selling too low....hence the "disappearing" $200 ad and the new one at $220.....you might see the same thing happen again until he gets a slowdown on the responses.

Like I said above, if it seems too good to be true............etc.

macman said:
woodsman23 said:

He probably used the $200 price as a "fishing lure", got swamped by responses, and figured he was selling too low....hence the "disappearing" $200 ad and the new one at $220.....you might see the same thing happen again until he gets a slowdown on the responses.

Like I said above, if it seems too good to be true............etc.

Mac you were so right!! some people suck!!

Okay i tried the pellets last night and here are my opinions.
Pellets looked great, smelled great, no fines in the bag. pellets are 1/2" to 1" long.
loaded bag into pellet stove and fired it up. Ran at setting #3 blower temp was 155, set stove to high #5 and allowed it to run 1.5 hrs checked temp and it was well over 200 f (my thermometer only reads to 200) it was way past the 200 mark so that is good. Did not notice a huge amount of ash but i did not burn that long. They have lots of heat so i say why not.
I think these pellets deserve a try so i think i will commit to 3 tons for now at 200 bucks a ton (original deal).

I would say these are equal to many other brands out there and at 200 a ton i'll take the plunge...

It sounds good as long as they get delivered on time .Don't pay until they do .

Status
Not open for further replies.