1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

ATV Wood Hauling Trailers

Post in 'The Gear' started by MotoBoyMatt, Mar 18, 2009.

1. benp

benp New Member

Loc:
    Northern MN
    I picked up a new trailer this spring from a local builder.

The axles/bearings/hubs are for a snowmobile trailer. 2200 lb and 80 mph speed rated.

25" atv tires. The trailer tracks in the wheeler tracks. It just floats along. Even when loaded.

16" of ground clearance.

Popple deck and pine sides. Milled by them. Removable back tailgate.

When I got it, the wood was in the raw. So I sassed it up with some leftover stain.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After I made some make shift mud flaps from a half of a dump truck flap.

[​IMG]

Maiden trip out for some blowdown Elm. Scrounging for some end of the year wood.

[​IMG]

Some blow down Maple.

[​IMG]

I really like the trailer and it does very well. Even when loaded down. The popple bed wears like iron. Once swept out you cant tell I hauled anything.

I want to weld some eyes onto the sides so I can use straps to secure loads.
    ewdudley likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jotul8e2

jotul8e2 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ozarks
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

I have a 10P and while it's a sturdy unit, dumping sucks because there is no real tailgate on those. Always wind up unloading much of the load by hand anyways.
  4. MotoBoyMatt

MotoBoyMatt Member

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Another benefit of the palletized firewood is being able to get within only a few steps to the wood rack. If I could only set a whole pallet through the front door that would be ideal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  5. jlightning

jlightning Member

Loc:
    Southeast PA
    IMG_20121122_100725.jpg
    Here is a pic of my father in laws David Brown w/ some pinoak rounds that I cut up after Sandy blew it down. The David Brown has a huge bucket that works great for wood gathering and snow removal!
  6. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

If only we all had our own forklift move our wood with such style! :eek:::-)