Auger Noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantbe03

Dec 17, 2016
CA
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice. I recently purchased the Bracket SPC 50 pellet stove. It's working fine, to the best of my knowledge. But I keep hearing the humming of the auger motor every time it turns. It's rather annoying. It's on for 5 seconds, then off for 1. Is there a way to fix this? I can't imagine it's suopose to be that loud.

I'm trying to attach a video with sound. In the video is sounds like a loud whining noise. Please help. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping somebody can give me some advice. I recently purchased the Bracket SPC 50 pellet stove. It's working fine, to the best of my knowledge. But I keep hearing the humming of the auger motor every time it turns. It's rather annoying. It's on for 5 seconds, then off for 1. Is there a way to fix this? I can't imagine it's suopose to be that loud.

I'm trying to attach a video with sound. In the video is sounds like a loud whining noise. Please help. Thank you

You'll probably have to upload the video on a hosting site, then link to it.
Sometimes motor driven reducers will make a hum when running. It could also be that something is loose and interfering with the mechanism. One of my Castle Serenity stoves had a rattle noise when the room fan would run, but it was not constant, it would come and go. I finally took the side cover off again, and pulled up a chair for a while. Found it to be a small bit of tinwork that is crimped together was not crimped real well. A pair of pliers fixed that in short order.

Reactions: rich2500
Sounds like your describing HRC:)
Could well be someone did not properly tighten the mounting bolts or the isolators could be missing or hardened. The purchase of the stove by USSC probably did not do the quality control any good. My hearing still fair considering my summer occupation and I can hear the pellets drop on the Harman that I have running without the convection fan and the Bixby can be heard running the feed wheel when the hopper gets low and stove is on low. Your stove running without a convection fan will not hide any of the feed or exhaust fan noises. Could try put some powdered graphite in with the fuel when the stove is almost out and see if that may help lube the feed auger and lessen the feed motors load. I've painted the feed augers on my stoves with graphite paint. One stove manufacture recommends monthly graphite treatment.
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.