Auger too fast? Can't adjust.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It's from 2007 but I was told it wasn't used much. It looks like it was used very little.

I just found an updated burn pot and ordered it. I'm noticing the pellets are piling up in the front and not burning. This new one has a slot cut out in the front.

Reactions: ARC
I ordered a new USA made exhaust blower. Fingers crossed. After some more digging, this seems like the culprit. It works of course, but I'm thinking it's weak. It seems to be original

Reactions: ARC
SOLVED!

After using a wire to clean in the brass port for the vacuum switch, the vacuum error light stopped flashing for the most part and it burned better but still not great.

After the new exhaust it's been working great. The pellets barely stay in the pot so I actually have to keep the heat setting higher.

Seems like it was a combination of something stuck in that vacuum port and a weak exhaust blower. I am, however, getting a TON of ash build up pretty quickly but I'll take that over how it was running before!

I am, however, getting a TON of ash build up
Might have more to do with pellets then stove. My pellets this year seem to make more ash that sticks to the backer board not more ash overall but just seems to stick to board more. Congratulations on fixing your stove, stay warm.