Automatic Air Controls on the 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Wasn't that one of the devices at the DC convention? How did it work and how well did it work? Anyone have a price or website for the product?

That would be interesting. You might be able to get really good flame and heat control with one of them. You might end up having to go back and seal up any leaks in the intake system though. I imagine if you can't control all of the air that goes into the stove you lose some effectiveness of the mod.

That would be interesting. You might be able to get really good flame and heat control with one of them. You might end up having to go back and seal up any leaks in the intake system though. I imagine if you can't control all of the air that goes into the stove you lose some effectiveness of the mod.
I am unsure how it works. I suspect it would only affect the primary, otherwise I would think it would have a hard time getting approval, but I could be wrong. I know only that it exists.

inveninc.com

It is on several stoves already, as you will see on Dan's site. The idea behind it was that manufacturers would buy it for production stoves since it requires modifying the stoves. Often with a torch. Wasn't planned as a add on to stock stoves. Reception hasn't been great.

I would like to put one on one of my 30s but the torch would have to come out. And I don't own one and can't weld worth a damn.

Take a trip through his forum on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.