Avalon astoria bay burn issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jarhead1229

Nov 12, 2011
SLC Utah
Hi all I have an Astoria bay insert that I am having some issues with. When I run it on anything higher than the second step up from low it will only run for about 12 hours before the pot is so full of pellets that they start to spill out. I still have a flame. I’ve pulled everything apart and cleaned all passages I also replaced the combustion fan at the end of last winter which seemed to help a little. The draft is all the way open. I haven’t tried a different brand of pellets yet I’ve been running golden fire pellets for about three years now and really like them in my CAB50 and really don’t want to buy two different brands these are the only pellets I’ve found that the CAB50 will run well on consistently

Any help would be appreciated

Have you always ran with the draft wide open, or have you just done this since its not burning completely?

When I first started it this year I was able to turn it down a little for a couple days but other than that it’s been wide open

That tells me you have a restriction probably on the intake side of things... could be exhaust side as well. Need to go through everything and make sure they are clear and make sure blowers are all working as they should... sure a mouse did not make a home in the intake?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Bad door gasket/misadjusted door? Air isn't getting pulled through the burn pot.