avalon astoria

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha20143

Nov 18, 2014
malone
My pellet stoves starts up and fire starts. After about 10 min or so fault #4 shows up. My stove has peletts and it started so I'm guessing that it's shutting of because the fire goes out .Any suggestions

Damp pellets? Dirty or faulty low limit snap switch if so equipt?(my best guess) The stove loads and lights and timer looks for the low limit switch to detect fire and if it does not it shuts the stove down.

I started it again and I left it on three and it has been running for a bit now but when I turned it down to one it shut off

That sounds like the low limit switch being dirty and the ash and carbon being good insulators keep just enough heat from activating or keeping it activated. Whits can have the same issue.

W
That sounds like the low limit switch being dirty and the ash and carbon being good insulators keep just enough heat from activating or keeping it activated. Whits can have the same issue.[/quot

What can I do to fix it?? Sorry II feel dumb when it does to this . I know how to start it and do the regular cleaning

Have you done the annual maintenance as described I believe page 31 of the manual? It shows the removal of the exhaust fan that's on the left side of the stove opposite the control panel. Carefull on its removal to not tear the gasket. There's a couple of other smaller panels that are to be removed on both sides of the stove too. The owners manual does not have detail of the switches that should be in the exhaust path somewhere I think. :( The stove is very close to the design of a Whitfield

Good digging on finding the electrical info. From what I found while searching for the owners manual the stove was made for a couple years in the very early 90's

Page 5 should be the wiring diagram for your stove ... You can temporarily jumper it to determine if it is the system snap disc. Always unplug the stove before working on it.
You should be able to get the part from your local dealer or on-line (haven't used these vendors so not vouching for them ... just what I've found to give you an idea of pricing)
http://www.stove-parts-unlimited.com/Lopi-and-Avalon-120-Degree-Ceramic-Snap-Disc-p/250-00313.htm
http://rockymountainstove.com/avalonpelletstovesystemsnapdisc.aspx

The number 4 light is often loss of fire. If your unit and vent are totally clean the first thing I would suspect it is the air shutter adjustment. Is your fire pot empty when you find the unit off ?

Status
Not open for further replies.