Avalon Olympic Insert - Door question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewang

Hearth Supporter
Nov 11, 2010
Wisconsin
Hello all,

Questions for Avalon Olympic wood fireplace insert owners (since I neglected to ask the dealer when in the showroom).
  • Can the door be ordered/configured for right or left hand opening? My wood storage is to the right of the existing masonry fireplace and a left-hinged door is preferable.
  • Does the door open beyond 90 degrees? I read in a post on hearth.com that the door only opens 90 degrees, yet I haven't read any other complaints.
  • If the door does only open 90 degrees, does this pose a problem?
  • Any regrets with the Avalon Olympic over a comparable Lopi?
Thank you!

BTW - Love this forum and all it has to offer!

The door is right hinged, no options here.
You will not notice any difference at all between an Avalon and any other similar Travis Ind. stoves. The door and blower is really the only difference.

The door is right hinged, no options here.
You will not notice any difference at all between an Avalon and any other similar Travis Ind. stoves. The door and blower is really the only difference.

Darn... I thought I remembered the dealer telling us it could be right or left. Or maybe that was the Clydesdale?!?

Darn... I thought I remembered the dealer telling us it could be right or left. Or maybe that was the Clydesdale?!?
Hearthstone does offer that with side doors on their freestanding stoves, but I don't think they do on inserts or stoves without a side door.

Status
Not open for further replies.