Average prices for pellets this year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadJohn86

Hearth Supporter
Oct 10, 2010
Southern, IL
How much have you paid by the bag or the ton for pellets so far this fall and where?

Cheapest I have found is $3.49 a bag at Rural King with no discounts by the ton. Im not sure of the quality of these

Paid 179.00/ton Sommerset hardwood pellets in Joplin, MO.

After the reviews I read on message board I feel like they are a good pellet and purchase 4 tons. We'll see though once it cools off.

Rural King's website shows Greenway brand of pellets if they have their site updated
If I end up getting a pellet stove installed, my tandem utility trailer is rated to almost 4 tons, then theres still my pickup bed I can use :)

Around here, the stores like Tractor Supply, Home Depot, Lowes, were in the 214. to 219. range. The stove dealers who sell pellets seem to be in the area of 249 & up.

I wonder what the average wholesale price is these vendors have to pay the pellet manufacturers? Just curious what their markup or margin is?

Winter is Coming!!!!!

AR

This year seems to be a banner year for pellet buyers. Prices are the lowest I have seen in several years(even with the latest price spike). Of coarse this is regional so what I am paying in New England is higher than what others are paying in the Mid Western states. The Western region seems to be even less than that!

How much the pellets are marked up by the retailer is a whole other story. But I would think 25% to 50% could be the rule.

Somersets at TSC in Troy, Ohio $175/ton

Somersets at Lowes in Huber Heights, Ohio (12 miles between the two) is $5.98/bag or $299/ton

Markup definately for lowes. Guess who is selling the pellets?

Juniata BT Enterprises in Bristal, CT $230/ton as of 10/11/2010

$175/ton Greenway - Rural King - Missouri. No delivery.

Prices are all over in the Syracuse NY area. We sell Cubex for 225 and NEWP for 218. I have the highest price at $280 at a feed store and the lowest is $214 at home depot. H.D. has freedom fuel and they didnt look or smell very good to me. A customer had them in his stove and said he didnt think much of them. We mark up 10% over cost I think most places like to make at least $50 per ton.

HotelOne said:
$200 a ton for Blazer Premium at Costco, Merced, CA

$198/ton at Home Depot. Good pellets. I have some blazing away right now.

$209.00 for North Idaho energy log pellets,$189.00 for Atlas premium red fir pellets.$185.00 for Northwest pride pellets.$214.00 for lignetics red label softwood pellets.$199.00 for blazers at home depot.

HotelOne said:
$200 a ton for Blazer Premium at Costco, Merced, CA

Wow thats a really good price for Blazers. I tried them this past weekend and was very impressed with the heat output/ash volume. Very good pellet indeed!

Around here its about 190 a ton average.....where I live there are about 4-5 different stores in about 2 square mile area selling pellets..

~$450/ton at Lowes, not sure elsewhere since I don't burn that stuff but I bet it's not any cheaper.

Around here Buffalo,NY area Lowes and Tractor supply are $179 I paid $219 for premium Dry Creek pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.