1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

AWF or Prestologs

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Angler2184, Dec 15, 2012.

1. imacman

imacman Guest

I have mine set at 2-5-1 and Hi-Lo also, and have been burning mainly Stove Chow & Greene Team, with a little Somerset for the real cold nights.

But I had the same problem last year burning the horrible North Americans (aka Curran) and CleanFire (aka NEWP)....just not enough heat to keep temp sensor satisfied.

I never run my room blower at 9, partly because there's no change past 7. You might try lowering it to 6 while burning the Presto's.....might keep a tad more heat in to keep the blower running.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL Member

Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    I burnt the 4 bags I picked up @ K-Mart they did the job well with less ash than the MWPs ! Ahhh I almost forgot they were 5.29 a Bag so Id say a bit more expensive then Id like to pay @ your price Id do them !
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

I love my Presto Logs, but the New AWF bags this year (Hardwoods got a different look) are HOT!!
  4. becasunshine

becasunshine Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Va
    Burning some PrestoLogs this year. Can I say this? We burned PrestoLogs right after we burned Somersets. The temperature in the stove room and in the house at large went down by maaaaybe a degree from the Somersets to the PrestoLogs... and the PrestoLog pellets looked almost identical in length, diameter and color as the Somersets. Also, they were hard pellets, without a great deal of fines.

We were impressed.
  5. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Good thought Imacman. I'm still figuring out the right way to run this stove. This is my first year on the stat, and I tried to set "Hi" @ 8-9 and just let the stat and stove do its thing. That worked fine with the Somersets, but not with the Prestos. I'll turn things down a bit. I have to watch things because my stove is just a bit undersized for the house, and if I set it too low, it struggles.
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

On the stat, Englander recommends running the stove at 5-5...from the manual:

"We recommend the Control Board be set at “5” on Heat Range and Blower Speed while using the thermostat."
  7. George Tucker

George Tucker New Member

Loc:
    Asotin Wa
    I just bought Presto Logs at HD, $165.00 a ton, they work great in my Englander.
  8. mithesaint

mithesaint Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Interesting. Well...5-5 won't happen. That's not enough heat to keep up when it's cold out. I'll have to move things around and see where it does best.