AWF or Prestologs

Angler2184 Posted By Angler2184, Dec 15, 2012 at 8:36 PM

1. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I have mine set at 2-5-1 and Hi-Lo also, and have been burning mainly Stove Chow & Greene Team, with a little Somerset for the real cold nights.

But I had the same problem last year burning the horrible North Americans (aka Curran) and CleanFire (aka NEWP)....just not enough heat to keep temp sensor satisfied.

I never run my room blower at 9, partly because there's no change past 7. You might try lowering it to 6 while burning the Presto's.....might keep a tad more heat in to keep the blower running.

2. DOLLARBILL

DOLLARBILL
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 1, 2012
    Loc:
    Between Augusta and Lewiston Maine
    I burnt the 4 bags I picked up @ K-Mart they did the job well with less ash than the MWPs ! Ahhh I almost forgot they were 5.29 a Bag so Id say a bit more expensive then Id like to pay @ your price Id do them !

3. DexterDay

DexterDay
    Guest 2.
    NULL

I love my Presto Logs, but the New AWF bags this year (Hardwoods got a different look) are HOT!!

4. becasunshine

becasunshine
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 10, 2009
    Loc:
    Central Va
    Burning some PrestoLogs this year. Can I say this? We burned PrestoLogs right after we burned Somersets. The temperature in the stove room and in the house at large went down by maaaaybe a degree from the Somersets to the PrestoLogs... and the PrestoLog pellets looked almost identical in length, diameter and color as the Somersets. Also, they were hard pellets, without a great deal of fines.

We were impressed.

5. mithesaint

mithesaint
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 1, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Good thought Imacman. I'm still figuring out the right way to run this stove. This is my first year on the stat, and I tried to set "Hi" @ 8-9 and just let the stat and stove do its thing. That worked fine with the Somersets, but not with the Prestos. I'll turn things down a bit. I have to watch things because my stove is just a bit undersized for the house, and if I set it too low, it struggles.

6. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

On the stat, Englander recommends running the stove at 5-5...from the manual:

"We recommend the Control Board be set at “5” on Heat Range and Blower Speed while using the thermostat."

7. George Tucker

George Tucker
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 10, 2012
    Loc:
    Asotin Wa
    I just bought Presto Logs at HD, $165.00 a ton, they work great in my Englander.

8. mithesaint

mithesaint
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 1, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ohio
    Interesting. Well...5-5 won't happen. That's not enough heat to keep up when it's cold out. I'll have to move things around and see where it does best.