Baby, it's cold outside!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LLigetfa

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 9, 2008
NW Ontario
-18°C cold!

I thought yesterday, that I had enough wood to last well into the morning but I just tossed the last three small sticks onto a small bed of coals. Now I've got to boot up and get me more wood from the shed. Damn, if I'd known it was going to be this cold, I'd have brought wood in last night.

LLigetfa said:
-18°C cold!

I thought yesterday, that I had enough wood to last well into the morning but I just tossed the last three small sticks onto a small bed of coals. Now I've got to boot up and get me more wood from the shed. Damn, if I'd known it was going to be this cold, I'd have brought wood in last night.

Haha Well its about 5c down here and we are already complaining! Supposed to get down to freezing tonight so I am going to load up on wood for the weekend today.. Stay warm!

We just got our first snow of the season. It's supposed to be 39F for the high in Nashville, so that's about 34-35F here on the Plateau. Dropping down to a low of 24 overnight, so we may touch 20F here, unless it remains cloudy and holds in a little more heat. I'm in the middle of a burn cycle of that evil ole pine right now! :lol:

-2 °C this morning here. I let the stove go out last night because I'm too lazy yet to get up in the middle of the night to reload. However, it is also too cold in to cold in here this morning to be starting from scratch, so I think I'll start planning my overnight burns this weekend and get my timing back.

Ja, we got 6 inches of snow a couple days ago and then a couple more inches every day after that. Got some shoveling to do yet.

I saw last night that I didn't have enough wood to stoke it before going to bed so I just tossed in 2 splits and hoped for enough coals for this morning. Who'da thunk it'd be this cold! Calling for a high of -10 today.

OK, I said to my self, "Suck it up, Buttercup" and brought in a couple slings of wood. The stove is starting to crank out some real heat now.

LLigetfa said:
Ja, we got 6 inches of snow a couple days ago and then a couple more inches every day after that. Got some shoveling to do yet.

I saw last night that I didn't have enough wood to stoke it before going to bed so I just tossed in 2 splits and hoped for enough coals for this morning. Who'da thunk it'd be this cold! Calling for a high of -10 today.

OK, I said to my self, "Suck it up, Buttercup" and brought in a couple slings of wood. The stove is starting to crank out some real heat now.

Yep, Suck it up, LLigetfa. Enjoy my shoulder season. :coolgrin:
N of 60

Status
Not open for further replies.