Baffle messed up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davo

Apr 24, 2015
CT
Hello all. After my first year burning on my large flush wood insert from Travis industries I have a few questions. I burned about four cords some was season under 20% some was a little bit over 20% moisture content. I went to clean out the stove today because I'm going to get a chimney cleaning this weekend and noticed this on the baffle. Does this cause any harm to the stove? I have never over fire the stove and always cover stovetop under 600° to be sure I wouldn't over fire I have been extremely cautious. Thank you for all of your help and input!

Hello all. After my first year burning on my large flush wood insert from Travis industries I have a few questions. I burned about four cords some was season under 20% some was a little bit over 20% moisture content. I went to clean out the stove today because I'm going to get a chimney cleaning this weekend and noticed this on the baffle. Does this cause any harm to the stove? I have never over fire the stove and always cover stovetop under 600° to be sure I wouldn't over fire I have been extremely cautious. Thank you for all of your help and input!

Did you forget to post a picture ?

bob

I'm sorry for some reason it posted twice. See below post on the page with the pics .Thanks!

Still have only one post and no picture.

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.