Be cautious with Woodstock's Web Site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: It appears that the "compromised website" is gone from Google, at least from what I can see. It may take some refreshes for others if they still see it. It really was a benign hack and was not doing any damage, other than making us look like drug runners, but what a PITA! I don't know if the general web public realizes how much time, effort, and money goes into cleaning up crap like this. Some people have way too much time on their hands and need to get a job. Can you tell this has upset me just a bit :)
Good work Ron! ;)

Ray

Thanks, Ray. I can't take full credit other than getting the fix rolling.

Thanks, Ray. I can't take full credit other than getting the fix rolling.
Welcome Ron! I had a little fun with it of course :) Sure was great to meet you and all the other great people at Woodstock and hope to go there again sometime!

Ray

Update: It appears that the "compromised website" is gone from Google, at least from what I can see. It may take some refreshes for others if they still see it. It really was a benign hack and was not doing any damage, other than making us look like drug runners, but what a PITA! I don't know if the general web public realizes how much time, effort, and money goes into cleaning up crap like this. Some people have way too much time on their hands and need to get a job. Can you tell this has upset me just a bit :)

Gee, can't imagine why:rolleyes: Glad it's straightened out. Maybe the perp will find a nice job sweeping up the cell block someday...

RS267,
You are correct in that the Woodstock Website has been fixed. I do not understand all of the mumbo jumbo that some have posted here. Guess I am a old school guy that entered the computer age a little late in life. Whole point here is the thread was started to let folks know about the hack job. That's all!
Take care,
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.