Best Radiant Logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

batsoff

Oct 30, 2019
NoVA
Hello All...

I'm looking to install a vented log set with radiant logs... right now I'm in between RHPeterson and Hargrove radiant logs.

Does the forum have an opinion on either? Local installer is pushing me toward Hargrove, he feels their radiant logs are better.

RHPeterson: G52 Burner with Charred Evergreen Oak radiant logs

Hargrove: H-Burner with Cross Timber radiant logs

Feedback welcome...

-batsoff

I’ve been around the Hargrove a lot more than the Petersen. Hargrove is pretty impressive for a vented log. Would hate to use any open fireplace for heat But that really depends on your climate and heating needs.

Thanks sticks! Appreciate the feedback.

This vented log set is going into an old heatform fireplace. Not sure if this is the final solution, but anything else done with the heatform is going to require major labor from what I can tell from looking at what others have done online (basically cutting it apart).

Gonna start with vented gas logs... I'll move to an insert later if necessary.

-batsoff