Big Y selling pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

heat seeker

Minister of Fire
Feb 25, 2011
Northern CT
The Big Y (grocery store) in Southwick, MA is selling Infernos for $214.50/ton.

Seems like everyone want to sell pellets now, even the local hardware stores. I hope that's a sign that the supply will be plentiful (and cheap?)!

heat seeker said:
The Big Y (grocery store) in Southwick, MA is selling Infernos for $214.50/ton.

You need a real good stove for them or a spoonful of powdered graphite in the hopper. That helped my neighbor's 25=PDVC Englander swallow them!

I heard that Infernos are made from Recycled Construction materials in their plant in Rumsford Rhode Island.

Actually their web site states recycled wood products.
http://www.infernowoodpellet.com/quality-wood-product/index.html

They are marketed by International Forestry Products IFP from their Sales Office at 1 Patriot Place Foxboro Mass. Home of the New England Patriots. Go Pats!

I believe they are associated with the Kraft Corporation owner Bob Kraft who is also the Patriot’s owner.

I tried them and had a problem with the odor from the bag after opening. Almost made me Sick. LOL
They burned ok but not alot of heat.

Anyways, I really like the colors on their bag and the sexy ads as shown below. grin

Attachments

• PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    PatsCheerleaderWithInfernos.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 232
  • LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    LowesInfernoWoodpelletCarLoadsc.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 206
  • WPInfernoSc.jpg
    WPInfernoSc.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 216
From what I've seen(had a friend who sold 'em) they were made predominantly from pallets, I think there was a poster on here that had a picture of them with small bits of blue ink.

Regardless I wouldn't pay any amount for them, I'd sooner buy NEWP's

Status
Not open for further replies.