Bio-bricks or similar product availability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffman3

Nov 20, 2007
S.W. Nebraska
I would love to buy some bio-bricks( or similar product) to try in my new Hearthstone Tribute that is going to be installed the end of the month. I have a bit of dry cottonwood that won't last 2 weeks. I can go cut more, (Lots available locally) but we have 12 inches on the ground and another 4 falling now. The stove was a decision that happened pretty fast when we bought some heating oil this fall. So I didn't have time to cut. My wife has had health problems, so what time I did have to go cut, was spent taking care of her, traveling to doctors, and a short hospital stay . I don't want to drop all my problems here, but I would love to find a source for Bio bricks or a similar product. I live in SW Nebraska and can't find anything here. I don't want or need full truck load. Just a supply to get us through. I will be cutting in earnest for rest of this season and next, when the weather permits. (I think I have found a source for downed ash and elm for spring) Any suggestions?

I guess I will trust in the good will of the fire Gods. It will all work out. This project has just fell together from the beginning, as if it was just meant to happen. I will trust that the Gods know what they are doing. I will get out to when I can, and continue my search in the mean time.

Have you tried to email or contact the maker of the biobricks to see if anyone carries them in your area? KD

Thanks for the help, and the web page. Has anyone ever had any experience with "Redi-flame" or "Enviro Logs"? I found them at my local 'Mart, I would consider trying them if we run out of wood before it melts enough to go out again. but WOW are they expensive.

Thanks again for the help! I have sent off a few e-mails, and the weather is supposed to warm up here. I hope to be able to go tap into some cottonwood (down and dry for years) soon. I am just amazed at the people here, and the wonderful, and helpful nature of this forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.