Bixby stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tyroark

Nov 24, 2020
Indiana
Bought a used stove.Upon cleaning realized paddle wear frozen in place.Disconnected rod motor moves can’t move plates at all.Can they be removed?

I believe Rona has a bixby but I have not seen him on here this season. Might want to look him up under members and shoot him a PM. I'm sure he knows. Bixby's are in reality ancient units. Have not been in production for at least a decade, maybe longer.

I believe Rona has a bixby but I have not seen him on here this season. Might want to look him up under members and shoot him a PM. I'm sure he knows. Bixby's are in reality ancient units. Have not been in production for at least a decade, maybe longer.
Yes you can. Start from inside the stove. Remove pellet deflector, then upper plates. There is a seem where two pieces come together, remove and it will expose lower part of the stove. The burn pot comes out by removing two cotter pins and then you can see the paddles that your talking about. They are probably rusted or corroded but they do come out. Give a good cleaning and should work well. Good luck. My bixby is almost 15 yrs old. Never put a part into it. Awesome stove

Yes you can. Start from inside the stove. Remove pellet deflector, then upper plates. There is a seem where two pieces come together, remove and it will expose lower part of the stove. The burn pot comes out by removing two cotter pins and then you can see the paddles that your talking about. They are probably rusted or corroded but they do come out. Give a good cleaning and should work well. Good luck. My bixby is almost 15 yrs old. Never put a part into it. Awesome stove
Got them cleaned up and running good thanks.

Reactions: Ssyko