Black Walnut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Firestarter I am going to ad an addition to my cabin next year, going to cut one big beautiful black walnut down to make room. Iam in Wisconsin, if your interested.

When I logged my property the loggers were not interested in red or white oak. They told me that the mills didn't want it right now, unless they get an order for it. If and when the housing industry starts building more high end homes, hard wood prices will return. Most of the logging around me now is for pallet wood.

When I split the black walnut it does seem a shame it's not put to a better use. But I do enjoy my fires and looking at the cooling temperatures at night, I may crank it up next week, just to get it out of my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.