Blaze King Install Update (aarrgghh)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, as you may know the Fairbanks North Star Borough has a program like "cash for clunkers" for woodstoves and we qualified. They will pay $1500 for replacing my old non epa woodstove with a new one. They also will give $1000 toward upgrading the chimney. I will have to take the Osburn in to collect and they will destroy it (ouch). Anyway, we finally decided on the King Ultra and it was brought out today to be installed. Well the minute they brought it down he said "Your Hearth is too small, we cannot install it today". Aaargh. Then they proceeded to check the chimney and he said that bands were not installed. Double Aargh. THEN he said they are booked up until MARCH! AAARGH! Well, the good news is that I was having a contractor friend of mine installing 3 vents while the wood stove guys were here and he said he will be able to take care of it, SO, hopefully this weekend we will have our first burn (I want to burn Saturday so it will be burned in for the SUPERBOWL). As my Dad always says. "It's always something"!

P.S. Any hints on the first burn-in?

Attachments

• blazeking.jpg
    blazeking.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 258
Status
Not open for further replies.