Blaze King KEJ 1101 help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrea3981

Dec 19, 2015
Western PA.
Hello all. Just another new guy trying to get a little assistance in working on my stove. I am about a rebuilding process of my blaze King early model KEJ 1101. The steel box is fabulous but it's missing the secondary air tubes and the catalytic heat shield. I am a metal worker and welder and can make anything I need. The cat is available in the aftermarket. I know the dual secondary tubes are 1" diameter and have a slight bend in them. I have a great pic of the front attachment point but I was wondering if anyone has a couple gut shots of the secondary air tube attachment at the rear of the firebox. I can see two holes that were filled with a high heat filler. I assume the tubes poke they the back wall into the blower intake area? The fine guys at BK told me about the attachment (without pics) and then directed me to the forums for a little help. Hopefully someone has a similar model that can help me out a bit. I found some pics of the front attachment. I am making new tubes and was told there was a rear attachment bracket with a longer bolt holding them to the stove. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

I really need actual pics of the secondary air tubes mounting at the rear. I already have the box cleaned and painted, the firebrick replaced, the CAT replaced and all I need are new air tubes to get it fired. Hope it all works out. Thanks.

What, this is a hybrid stove?? Or do the "air tubes" feed the cat independently?

What, this is a hybrid stove?? Or do the "air tubes" feed the cat independently?
The secondary tubes are plumbed thru the back wall of the stove and are located near the ceiling. The cat is on top with a hole thru to the air tubes. There is a plate welded to the tubes that block air to the CAT. I'm not an expert, so the terminology is a bit foreign to me. I am fabricating new air tubes as mine had them missing. I have pics of what the looked like but only from the front to the mid section. No pics of the back mount of the tubes.

The secondary tubes are plumbed thru the back wall of the stove and are located near the ceiling. The cat is on top with a hole thru to the air tubes. There is a plate welded to the tubes that block air to the CAT. I'm not an expert, so the terminology is a bit foreign to me. I am fabricating new air tubes as mine had them missing. I have pics of what the looked like but only from the front to the mid section. No pics of the back mount of the tubes.[/QUOTE

Here is a pic of the tubes...missing in my stove. I can't find a pic of the rear tube mount.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 404
Hello all. Just another new guy trying to get a little assistance in working on my stove...

I have a kej 1101 that I may not be able to save. Let me know if you got a complete photo of the air tubes. I can send you photos of mine but the piece of material that protects the can from the flames is missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaze King did in fact make a hybrid stove for a short time. They gave up on the design after a few thousand units due to self destruction issues.

Blaze King did in fact make a hybrid stove for a short time. They gave up on the design after a few thousand units due to self destruction issues.
Sound hit-or-miss to rebuild it but sounds like he could do it cheap, to try it...except the cat.

Yes I believe it's a hybrid. I did end up rebuilding the stove. I made the air tubes and welded a bracket to held them in up front. I also made a plate with an oval hole in like the shown in the pic I show in the earlier post. I still have no,pics of the rear attachment. Mine just sit in the holes in tha back of the stove but they are snug with no gaps. Would still like to see pics of that area.

I have a kej 1101 that I may not be able to save. Let me know if you got a complete photo of the air tubes. I can send you photos of mine but the piece of material that protects the can from the flames is missing.

I'd love to see the tube mount in the rear of the stove if it's not too much trouble. I do have pics of the front mount near the door. Also....I rebuilt my stove and it cost me a few bucks for angle iron and firebrick but it was pretty easy. I have a mig welder so any warped pieces were cut out and I rewelded new steel in place. Turned out super. Are you keeping the stove? If not are you selling? Thanks for any pix if you get a chance.

I'd love to see the tube mount in the rear of the stove if it's not too much trouble. I do have pics of the front mount near the door. Also....I rebuilt my stove and it cost me a few bucks for angle iron and firebrick but it was pretty easy. I have a mig welder so any warped pieces were cut out and I rewelded new steel in place. Turned out super. Are you keeping the stove? If not are you selling? Thanks for any pix if you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.