1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Blaze King sirocco 30?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by PapaDave, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Highbeam

Highbeam Minister of Fire

Loc:
    base of Mt. Rainier on the wet side, WA
    2.8 CF, almost the same size but is not identical to the princess. Less pollution but less efficiency. Not sure the exact differences.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. VE8EV

VE8EV New Member

Loc:
    Inuvik, NT
    I just got a reply to my inquiry from BK Canada. They say the Sirocco 30 will be unveiled at the Florida trade show in March with production to start in May or June.
  3. VE8EV

VE8EV New Member

Loc:
    Inuvik, NT
    PapaDave likes this.
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Thanks for that VE8EV.
    Just weighed a normal overnight Oak split and got 5.2 lbs., and I can get between 8-10 splits of that size in my stove right now. That's approx. 40-50 lbs. and the sirocco 20 says it holds 45 lbs. of White Oak and the S-30 holds 58.
    The big problem I have with my stove is controlling it during an attempt at low burn. It really doesn't like running below 500 without gunking up the flue. Too much in the SS.
    My old Ashley has been doing pretty well until the temps get to about 0-5::F or below, then it struggles to keep up.
    So, this tells me I need a larger firebox capable of holding more wood for the few days when it gets super cold, and that also has the ability to burn low and slow during less severe weather. Or, that it can burn at 600 for longer than 2 hours or so (my current situation).
    I keep talking myself into a BK instead of an E-30, unless the E-30 is also that controllable.
  5. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    I can't wait to see it at the show! I'll let you know if I can find out anything new about it.
  6. HotCoals

HotCoals Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    The first showing is Florida?
    Must be they try everything in a bungalow first..lol.
    PapaDave likes this.
  7. webby3650

webby3650 Master of Fire

Loc:
    southern Indiana
    Florida just happens to be where the HPBA show is this year. Thats where the new products are debuted annually.
  8. HotCoals

HotCoals Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Rochester,Ny.
    I could not resit! lol