Blower / Qudrafire 5700 Step Top

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kruegerw

Jul 28, 2012
Just purchased a new Qudrafire 5700 step top stove. Trying to determine if I should install a blower on the stove. The unit Qudrafire offers costs $300.00+, does anyone have another option or work around.

Just purchased a new Qudrafire 5700 step top stove. Trying to determine if I should install a blower on the stove. The unit Qudrafire offers costs $300.00+, does anyone have another option or work around.

Ceiling fans & box fans can work just as well, if not better, cost LESS & they are not as noisy. I would try it without the OEM blower & see how it works. You can always add the blower unit later...

Whether you will benefit from the blower depends somewhat on the house design and stove location. Tell us a bit more about the setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.