Blowers “chirping”

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
Blower on my wood insert started “chirping” like a bird chirping. What is the best way to fix that?

First you need to figure out where that chirp is coming from. Are the blades hitting the housing? Are they hitting a wire? Are they clean? Pet hair & dust can wrap around an axle & cause unusual sounds…

Thank you. I’d bet pet hair and dust. It’s on and off (currently off). If/when it starts up again, I will disconnect and blow them out with an air compressor.

Blower on my wood insert started “chirping” like a bird chirping. What is the best way to fix that?
I would guess it's the start of the bearings going bad in your blower fan. I had 2 P.E. fans go bad and that was the starting sign of the end. Definetly give yours a chance by cleaning it. Mine would chirp for a couple of months at least before stopping all together. It might be worth your time to start looking at what your replacement fan will cost. That's my experience with a chirping squirrel cage fan on a remote heat duct fan that ran 24/7 for entire heating seasons.

Occam`s Razor states the simplest answer is the most likely.

You hear a bird chirping in your blower and want the chirping to stop. Remove the bird.

(Or replace the blower/bearings)