bogeydave, Batton Down the Hatches!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Bigfoot

Feeling the Heat
May 21, 2011
Northwest Oregon
Hell, he may have to anchor down his house with winds like that! But with all that wood in his shed, that thing ain't gonna move!! You guys up in that neck of the woods, stay safe!!

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Went out to moose camp. Stayed one night in the rain. With the forecast of heavy wind, we headed back in the rain.
Got a hole dug & crapper set up. Got my tree swing/chair in.
Came home to 30 MPH winds now & rain.
Everything is wet & am drying out, next week is the planned hunt. Hoping for better weather.

We are to get 45 MPH, not bad. Anchorage is to get the worst of it.
With heavy frost a few days ago, the leaves will be blowing big time.

Getting to be a 1st class camp LOL :)

100_8000.JPG

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I too had seen that forecast and immediately thought about Dave out at moose camp. Could get interesting!

The river we hunt has flood warnings.
Windy (but not real bad) & rain all day today.
Will wait for better weather before heading down river. There'll be lots of trees, logs & debris to dodge for a few days.
May be a wet moose season.

Nice thing about not being out getting wet at moose camp, I got to watch the Steelers wind today. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.