Bought a new Summers Heat Wood Stove to use with a 116 year old chimney but...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While yer outside the box, figger out the rest of the chimneys & what they might have originally been for and what they're doing now...just for general knowledge about the old house you're livin' in. It's lovely, BTW, the house. Rick

Thanks all. I just realized that pic was really small.... so I'll post a larger one...

I don't think I want to put the stove on the outside of the house... the existing chimney seems to be the best spot. I realized when I unplugged that hole from the duct tape (it's been taped up since the summer), it was blowing out COLD air. brrrrrrrrrr! It's taped back up now!

Attachments

• snowy houselq.jpg
    snowy houselq.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 151
That is an awesome & unique house. I think I'm a lil jealous. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.