Breaking in the truck

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ash and Oak, sitting for a year but still good. Rest im picking up is green. Will be well on my way to getting two years supply ready, now to figure out my fireplace situation

Ash and Oak, sitting for a year but still good. Rest im picking up is green. Will be well on my way to getting two years supply ready, now to figure out my fireplace situation
With Oak, you won't be two years ahead...Ash might be OK next year if you don't split very big, and single-row it in the wind.
Sounds like you're getting closer on the fireplace situation...

It likes to drink! 10-12mpg hauling and 13-14mpg regular use.
WoW those new ford eco-tecs are supposed to do over 20 Hwy. My K2500 Silverado EX cab with big wheels and tires does almost that good. Guess ill keep it!!!!

With Oak, you won't be two years ahead...Ash might be OK next year if you don't split very big, and single-row it in the wind.
Sounds like you're getting closer on the fireplace situation...

just meant two years supply worth, already got enough hardwoods split and stacked for next year. Oak i have split is already down to 20% so i expect it to burn well next winter

Fireplace situation stinks cause im a noob but will get it figured out I'm sure, especially after i post some pics up tonight or tomorrow

WoW those new ford eco-tecs are supposed to do over 20 Hwy. My K2500 Silverado EX cab with big wheels and tires does almost that good. Guess ill keep it!!!!

Yea mines a 3/4 ton as well. Its an 08' F-250 with the 5.4 gas engine. A Diesel would def get better mileage but they don't like to sit around or do short city trips. I only put 7-8k on my truck a year so gas it is for me.

Yea mines a 3/4 ton as well. Its an 08' F-250 with the 5.4 gas engine. A Diesel would def get better mileage but they don't like to sit around or do short city trips. I only put 7-8k on my truck a year so gas it is for me.
Same reason i dont have a Diesel,too many short trips. Plus low yearly miles as well. Love to have one but just is not practical.

Same reason i dont have a Diesel,too many short trips. Plus low yearly miles as well. Love to have one but just is not practical.

Right there with ya

another one tonight, running out of room, need to get splitting

IMG_20130403_195311_054_zps205d02c9.jpg

That log on the right looks sad. :(

Reactions: FireBones
Hahaha didn't notice that

Haha, I saw that too! Thought maybe you drew it on

Status
Not open for further replies.