1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Breckwell Backordered - Second Time

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by mischinski, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mischinski

mischinski Member

Loc:
    Eastern PA
    Be aware that Breckwell may be experiencing supply problems. I ordered a SP 6000 in June from Rural King and 1st promised delivery was last week. I called to check on the order and delivery is now sometime in October. Story was a "metal shortage". So.... buyer beware....plus they have had my money for all this time in their account probably earning interest. I would shop around but the $1600 price tag is hard to beat - but I will keep looking.

Mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kinsman, Oh 44428 Brookfield, Oh 44403
    I sent you a PM about your post.

Eric
  3. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Metal shortage? That's the best one I've heard yet......

Detroit WISHES they could give away some metal.
  4. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Local scrap yard here dropped prices from $225/ton to $110/ton in 2 weeks as of yesterday. Sounds like an oversupply to me.
  5. Wood Nugget

Wood Nugget Member

Loc:
    So. ME
    Scrap dealers here have also lowered prices. According to the dealers, it has to do with the Olympics and China. All of their manufacturing plants were shut down to improve air quality and they weren't buying any metal. Everyone there was on a mandatory vacation. Now that the Olympics are over, prices should rise again. Maybe metal shortages will soon no longer be an issue.
  6. imacman

imacman Guest

Before I bought my "dealer used" Avalon Astoria in July, I had ordered a Breckwell P24FS from barbecues.com, plus remote thermostat for approx. $2800. Was told delivery from manufacturer would be 1st/2nd week of July.

That came and went (I didn't hear another word), I called and was told they were on back order until "sometime in October by the manufacturer" . I saw the handwriting on the wall, and pulled the trigger on the Astoria.....boy, am I glad I did. Paid $1500 for a stove that looks almost brand new inside and out....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.