Breckwell Backordered - Second Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mischinski

Jul 22, 2008
Eastern PA
Be aware that Breckwell may be experiencing supply problems. I ordered a SP 6000 in June from Rural King and 1st promised delivery was last week. I called to check on the order and delivery is now sometime in October. Story was a "metal shortage". So.... buyer beware....plus they have had my money for all this time in their account probably earning interest. I would shop around but the $1600 price tag is hard to beat - but I will keep looking.

Mark

I sent you a PM about your post.

Eric

Scrap dealers here have also lowered prices. According to the dealers, it has to do with the Olympics and China. All of their manufacturing plants were shut down to improve air quality and they weren't buying any metal. Everyone there was on a mandatory vacation. Now that the Olympics are over, prices should rise again. Maybe metal shortages will soon no longer be an issue.

Before I bought my "dealer used" Avalon Astoria in July, I had ordered a Breckwell P24FS from barbecues.com, plus remote thermostat for approx. $2800. Was told delivery from manufacturer would be 1st/2nd week of July.

That came and went (I didn't hear another word), I called and was told they were on back order until "sometime in October by the manufacturer" . I saw the handwriting on the wall, and pulled the trigger on the Astoria.....boy, am I glad I did. Paid $1500 for a stove that looks almost brand new inside and out....

Status
Not open for further replies.