Breckwell big E issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Monster

Jan 21, 2020
Does anyone know why a pellet stove works fine during the day, but at night after the sun goes down it starts blowing cold air in the house??... The other day it was blasting hot air and then went to cold and the fire get real small. .. Any help is appreciated!

Welcome to the forums monster. Does the flame change when it goes cold? What mode are you running, high/low. Auto/thermostat or manual?

Where is your damper set? What heat setting is it on?

Heat is on 3 or 4 and the damper is out a little bit... Its just strange to me it runs fine during the day but not at night

here is a good reference

Attachments

• Breckwell big E issues
    09347905-BD0F-4CA5-B7BE-1DBA32062A16.png
    423.5 KB · Views: 228
Well that is a quandary. I have never heard of this either, have you had the board out and looked it over for any scorching? A new board for a Breckwell is almost as much as a new stove. On the combustion blower housing there is a low limit snap disc take the 2 wires off and hook them together (don't let them touch anything) and see if it still does it.

Just a Fyi on the big e you are not suppose to run the heat on 4 or 5 for more than 20 min to a hour cant remember the exact number... You have a outside air installed? Possible that water is running down and freezing the intake? When is the last time you did a good cleaning including the ash chamber behind the firebox and your intake and exhaust? Does it shut down when it blows cold air? What are your pellets like? the brand i started out with this year had allot of fines and long chunks in them and it would block the feed and shut the stove down..

Reactions: Ssyko
You have a outside air installed
That is the only thing I could think of too, House super tight, no outside air installed, during day door is open now that then at night house is sealed tight and no air getting to fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ssyko
Well their is your issue if the flame is going down when your shut what im assuming is the house door.. Also not a good thing for your health as is its going down that much it means their must be alot of CO2 in your home.. do you have a CO2 detector in your home?