Breckwell P2000 cant adjust heat level

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ckphoto

Dec 1, 2007
nj
I have a new P2000 insert and 80% of the times I go to adjust the heat level it does nothing when I push the button I have to power down then back up to adjust the heat level. I also can not adjust the trim unless it is at heat level 1. I called the dealer and waiting for a call back but hope to get some help here.

Have you had a look at your manual?
The trim allows for three different settings on #1 only.
(#1, #1 + 3, #1 + 4). My St Croix has almost the
exact same feature. Don't know about your other
question but I bet if you read through the manual
a couple of times you'd have a better grasp on how
to run the stove. Good luck and stay warm!

I have the P2000 as well and experience the same issue @ 10 percent of the time. If I repeatedly press the button things start working again. Sent email to Breckwell yesterday have not got a response yet.

I have the P23FS and this happen to me a couple times with not being able to advance the blower speed. Seems if I let it run for 15 or 20 mins it seems to be ok again. I thought it seemed like a safety shut down of some sort. I asked the dealer and really didnt get a response. I thought it was a learning curve I was going through. Hasnt happen for a month or more.

Also when I go from 4 to 5 I do not hear the blower pick up speed. Is this how they all are? Just replaced the blower motor with Breckwells replacement...and it acts the same when going from 4 to 5. Could some one please check?

Marster said:
I have the P23FS and this happen to me a couple times with not being able to advance the blower speed. Seems if I let it run for 15 or 20 mins it seems to be ok again. I thought it seemed like a safety shut down of some sort. I asked the dealer and really didnt get a response. I thought it was a learning curve I was going through. Hasnt happen for a month or more.

Also when I go from 4 to 5 I do not hear the blower pick up speed. Is this how they all are? Just replaced the blower motor with Breckwells replacement...and it acts the same when going from 4 to 5. Could some one please check?

My stove is like that with the blower speeds.i have had my control panel "Freez up" at times too????

ronlat said:
I have the P2000 as well and experience the same issue @ 10 percent of the time. If I repeatedly press the button things start working again. Sent email to Breckwell yesterday have not got a response yet.

Have you heard back from Breckwell? Sounds like a good many of us experienced this at one time or another.

Marster said:
ronlat said:
Have you heard back from Breckwell? Sounds like a good many of us experienced this at one time or another.

I should have questioned it when i got it.

11 Days and counting still no reply from Breckwell. Doesn't Breckwell care about customer complaints and issues? If I conducted business like Breckwell or my dealer, I would be OUT OF BUSINESS.

ronlat said:
11 Days and counting still no reply from Breckwell. Doesn't Breckwell care about customer complaints and issues? If I conducted business like Breckwell or my dealer, I would be OUT OF BUSINESS.

They are losing my dealer if they already have not.if you want to sell over the Internet,you need to answer your phone.

Sent a "not so nice" email to Breckwell Sales and Information Department and got a return phone call within 5 min. Had a couple of other issues with the stove along with the "board freeze-up". Don Jackson (Breckwell) said that the board freeze up is most likely not a problem but rather a sensor has sent an alarm to the board and the board needs about 10 minutes or so to diagnose the alarm. While this is happening the board will not react to user input. He did apalogize for the lack of response and stated more help is being brought in to deal with call volumes. He was very helpful.

ronlat said:
Sent a "not so nice" email to Breckwell Sales and Information Department and got a return phone call within 5 min. Had a couple of other issues with the stove along with the "board freeze-up". Don Jackson (Breckwell) said that the board freeze up is most likely not a problem but rather a sensor has sent an alarm to the board and the board needs about 10 minutes or so to diagnose the alarm. While this is happening the board will not react to user input. He did apalogize for the lack of response and stated more help is being brought in to deal with call volumes. He was very helpful.

This sounds like what my board does.I had my stove fixed a week later before they got back to me.

johnnywarm said:
ronlat said:

This sounds like what my board does.I had my stove fixed a week later before they got back to me.

What did you have done to your stove?

ronlat said:
johnnywarm said:
ronlat said:

What did you have done to your stove?

At the start of winter the convetion blower stopped working.the new blower is great.we run are Big e at #4 all winter.

ronlat said:

Thanks for the update. Don Jackson assessment sounds correct. When mine did it, I had to let it sit around 10 or 15 mins and it was fine.

I would be more than happy to answer any Breckwell questions. Call me at 330-876-0200 or e-mail [email protected]. Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.