Breckwell p23 funny tapping noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ktfinch2000

Sep 13, 2008
Coventry, Rhode Island
I have been running my stove for about 14 hours and noticed a very lite tapping noise. It sounds like someone tapping on a piece of metal with a pencil very easy. It comes and goes and the stove seems to be working fine. I thought it was just the fact that the stove was warming up and the metal was just tinging like a hot water pipe would when your heat is turned on in your home but its been doing it all night. When I first fired the stove the other day for its first test run there was no noise at all. Everything on the stove seems to be working correctly. Any help please? thanks

From what area is the "tapping" coming from? If you have a 7/16" wrench you can loosen the screw on each side service panel and open the panels. They are hinged and open to the rear. On the left side you will have to unscrew the damper rod, counter clockwise to take the knob off. I hope this helps or call me and I will walk you through the process.

Eric
330-876-0200

There are four bolts that hold the ash pan system in place. Check to make sure the gasket is in tact and the bolts are tight.

Eric

ktfinch2000 said:
I have been running my stove for about 14 hours and noticed a very lite tapping noise. It sounds like someone tapping on a piece of metal with a pencil very easy. It comes and goes and the stove seems to be working fine. I thought it was just the fact that the stove was warming up and the metal was just tinging like a hot water pipe would when your heat is turned on in your home but its been doing it all night. When I first fired the stove the other day for its first test run there was no noise at all. Everything on the stove seems to be working correctly. Any help please? thanks

Not being sarcastic, or trying to offend, but are you sure that the tapping noise isn't simply the pellets dropping into the burn pot?

no its not that and its not the ash pan rattling. I can figure it out. The only thing I can think of is maybe its the ash falling into the ash pan. I'm going to wait and see if it stops once the pan fills up a bit with ash thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.