breckwell p23 shoots pellets out of frie pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

terry9188

Dec 31, 2010
east
berckwell p23 shoots pellets out so hard or many? that they bounce out of fire pot so many that i had a fire in ash pan. checked level and is good don't know what is wrong?

terry9188 said:
berckwell p23 shoots pellets out so hard or many? that they bounce out of fire pot so many that i had a fire in ash pan. checked level and is good don't know what is wrong?

Too much air .... close the damper a bit.

Maybe not that.... are you saying that the burn pot is overflowing?

terry9188 said:
fire pot not full, and at all air setting

Then close down the damper until the pellets are just wiggling in the burn pot, the flame should be yellow/orange tending towards yellow with blue just above the burning pellets.

If you are saying the damper has no effect then shut the stove off and get it back in its track or the control rod reconnected.

I have a Breckwell P21 and my boss has the Breckwell Big E and they both behave the same way when they have too much air going in. I set my damper very close to the "body" of the stove so very little air goes in. If i set the damper to about 50% i get half burnt pellets flying out of the burnpot.

I think Breckwell makes a shield that attaches to the burn pot to prevent pellets from shooting past the burn pot. Try the damper adjustments first, or try to switch to a longer pellet. good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.