Breckwell P24 goes out after turning temp down

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shezza ffs

Mar 7, 2016
Oregon
Free standing pellet stove keeps going out after turning temp/auger dial down manually. Hoping for some insight as I'm pulling my hair out :)

Thank you

Free standing pellet stove keeps going out after turning temp/auger dial down manually. Hoping for some insight as I'm pulling my hair out :)

Thank you

Since nobody has responded to your post in a few days I'll give it a shot.
What year is your stove an how long have you had it?
I assume turning the temp/auger dial up doesn't cause this problem.
When you say your stove is 'going out' I assume it doesn't shut down and turn off after you turn the dial down but pellets still fall they just don't burn 'cause the flame died.

My guess is you have a digital control panel whereas I do not so I'm not knowledgeable on the particulars of operating a digital control panel. The digital panels have some buttons I am not familiar with (Low feed adjustment, High level advance)

In the past my stove has 'gone out' on the low settings basically due to low quality pellets. My dial has six settings. The manual says never use the high steeling (6) unattended for long periods if time. I have never used it. The lowest setting (1) is worthless. The pellets in the burn pot don't stay in the ember stage long enough to ignite new falling pellets, when they fall. With a premium quality pellets I have no trouble with settings 2-5. I may have trouble at times with long pellets. With a low quality pellet my stove has gone out on setting 4 several times.

This year I have kept my stove on setting #2 almost the whole year. Partly because we've had a mild winter and partly because I added R30 insulation in the ceiling.

Tell us some more and perhaps others will chime in.
Good luck

In addition to Roadstar's tips, try closing the air damper a bit if running on low. Too much air and not enough pellets can cause a flameout. The manual should provide additional details concerning setting damper.

Some brand stoves have a difficult time running low to max heat with one damper setting. Too lean or too rich at the extremes, and happiest in the middle settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.