Breckwell P24 squeak when starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luis Barbosa

Nov 8, 2013
Worcester, MA
Hi All,

new member here.

I have a Breckwell P24 bought about 10 years ago.
Recently the pellet stove makes a loud squealing noise while it's warming up. After the fire lights, and it burns for a few minutes, it stops.

Any ideas of what I need to do to fix it?

Thanks!
Lou

Your describing me this AM after humping another ton of pellets into the basement.:) Sounds like a fan bearing in the early stages of going or possibly a tight-dirty feed auger that that expands enough to stop but that would be intermitant. You may have to disconnect the motors one by one while it starts to track down your demon. I would start with exhaust fan as its the first to start and the room air fan is the last to start usually starting after the stove gets to temp. Have you ever pulled the fans and cleaned and oiled them?

Status
Not open for further replies.