Breckwell p24i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Toadfrog

Dec 17, 2019
Arkansas
I have a Brock well p24i. I got up this morning and auger was steadily feeding pellets. Stove could not be touched it was so hot. This still has analog board. Why would it not shut off? Where do I start? Ran for almost an hour after turning off till it cooled down and turned off.

bad triac on the board causing auger thermodisk to stay closed which should be normally open.

Is this your board

Breckwell p24i

Ok the old ones like them didn’t use modern electronics, instead they used the old reliable relays. Due to age a relay may have welded itself closed. I have one that the traces of the board have wrinkled up and are releasing from the pcb. You may have to look for another board or upgrade the board, harness, auger motor. Its hard to troubleshoot without having the board to test and probe the components.
Breckwell p24i

Last edited:
I have a Brock well p24i. I got up this morning and auger was steadily feeding pellets. Stove could not be touched it was so hot. This still has analog board. Why would it not shut off? Where do I start? Ran for almost an hour after turning off till it cooled down and turned off.
I had the same thing happen to my 1994 P24i about 15 years, or so, ago. I was sitting in front of the computer in another room and I could smell the heat. I was able to use it again for a while but eventually it no longer worked properly. I used to turn the control/feed knob to a different setting and that seemed to work. I’m just lucky it didn’t act up at night. When it happened they were still making analog boards and I was able to pick one up at a local dealer. Since they no longer make analog control boards for Breckwell you have two options as I see it. 1) Get your current analog board repaired. 2) Get the conversion kit or have the conversion done by a dealer.

I had my original board repaired just in case it heated up occurred again. I still haven’t used it. I’m not sure if the person I had repair mine is still in business but I noticed Mountain View Hearth Products has a page for analog or digital control board rebuild. All for only $175. Do a search for “breckwell control board repair” and look for a link stove-parts-unlimited. I don’t know how to find the page from their main page.

Good luck