Buck Stove ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck buddy that could be alot of them... They all look similar maybe a model 20 or 21 all of them have options. Call the dude?

Yeah, I called him. He had no clue. He said he didn't think it was a cat. He is supposed to call me back after he can look at the tag. If it's a 21 I might jump on it assuming it's in good shape. Looks close to the pics on their website.

http://www.buckstove.com/wood.html

...but your right they all look similar.

I don't remember but on the back or somewhere there is a sticker that says what type.

I'd say the Model 21 is a good guess. The gold door and trim aren't available on the 74. If it was the model 20 I would expect to see the bypass handle spring above the door. The label on the rear of the stove should confirm it.

I'm getting kind of excited. I hope it's in good shape. I looked at the manual for the 21 and the clearances would work out fine for where I am thinking. I just called a local Buck Stove dealer and that stove would sell for $1299 today. I'll have to wait until tonight to find out for sure if it's a 21fs.

Buckstoves are pretty simple and hard to "bust". Simple does not mean ineffective! They are thick metal and heavy. Mine is a 74 and is only 1 year old but looks like new. If it was left inwater or way over fired or something that could be a problem. For 300 bux I would be excited too and crank on over after work...

Well you win some, you loose some. It was a 21, but someone else is the proud owner of it. I tried to get with this guy as soon as he was available, but someone closer beat me to it.

Dang....

I R sad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.