Bug I.D.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Is this a tick?

zap

Attachments

• 100_4222.jpg
    100_4222.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 512
my guess( and its a total guess) NO

No. Definitely not. I am not sure what it is but I am sure it is not a tick.

Looks like a spider definitely not a tick..

Ray

raybonz said:

Ray

The little Bas :coolgrin: Tard drew blood.

zap

Almost looks like a bee or even a wasp in the early stages.

Hard to tell, six legs? Ticks have eight.

Bubbavh said:
Almost looks like a bee or even a wasp in the early stages.

Yep - not a tick and my first thought was a small wasp. Cheers!

Three segments mean insect, not tic or spider. Could be a black fly hatched out of season; that would explain the blood.

Ehouse

zapny said:
raybonz said:

Ray

zap

Then that little bug is probably shaped somewhat like a pancake now.

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:
zapny said:
raybonz said:

Ray

zap

Then that little bug is probably shaped somewhat like a pancake now.

I finally sprayed some work clothes with this http://www.cabelas.com/product/Sawy...t=tick+spray&WTz_l=Header;Search-All+Products so I'll be ready to go.

zap

Permethrin is an excellent bug killer! Let us know how that stuff works for you..

Ray

I need me some of that permethrin.

Here's yet another deer tick on me this season, this time an adult female. She was attached pretty good, but I got her out and called the doc. He called in some doxycycline with a refill, said if I'm gonna keep getting bit by ticks I better have it on hand. 200 mg. right after the bite is supposed to prevent Lyme. Hope so, I really can't deal with another bout of this thing.

AdultDeerTick.jpg

Oh, yeah... your bug is definitely some sort of wasp.

;-)
Battenkiller said:
I need me some of that permethrin.

Here's yet another deer tick on me this season, this time an adult female. She was attached pretty good, but I got her out and called the doc. He called in some doxycycline with a refill, said if I'm gonna keep getting bit by ticks I better have it on hand. 200 mg. right after the bite is supposed to prevent Lyme. Hope so, I really can't deal with another bout of this thing.

Oh, yeah... your bug is definitely some sort of wasp.

And you told your wife when you met her you were a chick magnet, you get married then you turn out to be a TICK magnet. ;-)

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.